Digital Strategist // Planner
Marketing and Advertising | Toronto, Canada Area, CA
Digital Planner with 7+ years of experience crafting behaviour and marketing driven strategies. I have worked at startups, digital shops and big shops. I do equal parts thinking and doing. I speak digital and 3 other languages.
1. Start with the end - know the measurable objectives and build from there.
2. Know the audience. Respect the audience.
3. Stand for something. Be distinctive.
4. Make choices in strategy. Make it Creative.
5. Strategy before ideas (and UX and channels and scripts)
6. Pretty pictures don’t solve anything. Neither do things on fire (unless you run a circus).
7. Lead with lateral thanking. Borrow, Steal and Remix.
8. Build it and they’ll come works in movies, have traffic drivers, context and connection planning in place.
9. Create associations. Build memory structures.
10. Use technology as canvas, not an idea.
11. Plan for effectiveness (short AND long term)
12. Measure (Insert Einstein quote here) and Optimize.
Problem Solving | Integrated Strategy & Brand Planning | Digital, Social and Mobile Communications | Content Plans | Social Listening & Community Management | Digital & Social Analytics | Innovation
I have worked across categories with the best brands in the world. Some of the work has been recognized at award shows including the Webbys, Cannes, Applied Arts, W3, Commuicator and more. I helped design the IAB Social Media course and was part of 3 IAB committees: Social Media, Mobile and Emerging Platforms.
If you are looking for an experienced, nice and hungry strategist, let's chat.